We are delighted to announce that MIP Part Time MBA student Ilaria Rossi has been awarded a place on the prestigious Schmidt MacArthur Fellowship.
This year’s Schmidt MacArthur Fellowship generated a record amount of interest and after a careful shortlisting and interviewing process, 18 students were selected to join the programme. The 2017 cohort consists of students and their academic mentors from 13 Schmidt MacArthur Fellowship Partner Universities, three from the Ellen MacArthur Foundation’s Pioneer University programme, and two Wild Card winners - from the University of Innsbruck and Network University - University of California Davis.
Now in its fifth year, the Schmidt MacArthur Fellowship is the only circular economy fellowship programme in the world and is aimed at postgraduate (United States graduate) students studying design, engineering and business. To be considered for the Fellowship, students were tasked with submitting a 90 second audio visual presentation which addresses two questions on the circular economy and is a critical opportunity for applicants to demonstrate their understanding.
The winning students and their mentors will participate in a week long summer school in London, an online learning programme, have the opportunity to develop their own Circular Economy Innovation Project and receive a cash bursary.
2017 Schmidt MacArthur Fellowship Students
- Christelle Rohaut – University of California Berkeley
- Anna Waldman-Brown - Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Ilaria Rossi - MIP Politecnico di Milano
- Yubei Gong - Tongji University
- David Perez Castillo - Tecnológico de Monterrey
- Alexander Choksi - London Business School
- Daniel Moccia-Field - Yale University
- Martin Dugas - KEDGE Business School
- Thomas Wastling - Cranfield University
- Deborah Sumter - Delft University of Technology
- Georgia Parker - Imperial College London
- Matteo Maccario - Royal College of Art
- Palash Ghawde - National Institute of Design, India
- Daniel Guzzo - University Sao Paulo
- Eve Richer - Arizona State University
- Dawne Skinner - Bradford University
- Anna Nicoletta Kohl - University of Innsbruck - 2017 Wild Card Winner
- Natalie Popovich - University of California Davis - 2017 Wild Card Winner
The year long international programme will officially begin in April 2017 with an online webinar programme.
Follow the conversation on Twitter: