Welcome to MIP International Students Office (ISO)
ISO strives to provide a tailor made service to each international candidate and enrolled student by assisting with enrollment and non-academic matters.
Here, you will also find information on how to go about settling into life in Milan. Having a secure place to live is important. Also, arranging for a permit of stay can be an headache. We are here to make this as easy as possible.
In more details, the ISO provides the following services:
- University Enrollment
- Pre-departure briefing and orientation session upon arrival
- Guidance on how to arrange housing at Politecnico residences or at other residences in agreement with MIP
- Advise on private accommodation with referrals
- Counselling on permit of stay application and renewal
- Legal documents for staying in Italy: fiscal code (tax/social security number); registration at Milan municipality; enrolment in the National Health Care System
- Bank account
- Counselling related to emergencies and unexpected immigration problems
Visit the ISO Frequently Asked Questions page to see some of the more common questions and concerns. Please note that the information on this page is for guidance only, and should not be treated as a complete or accurate statement of law. Always enquire about your own personal circumstances or make an appointment with the International Students Office to discuss these issues further!
International Students Office
Tel: +39 02 2399 4895/2881/9197